Many, many moons ago, this beautiful thank you card was designed especially for the Solace Tree. To celebrate Children’s Grief Awareness Day on November 16, 2017, we are now opening an art competition to give three people the opportunity to design our new thank you card AND win $500 for their classroom. So let the budding artists at your school shine and help illuminate grief to put a spotlight on grieving children and teens all over the world!
Three designs and winners will be chosen from the following categories: Elementary School | Middle School | High School Each winning design will receive $500, which is awarded to the nominating teacher and can be spent on their class, students or school in any way they believe will benefit and enhance their educational experience!
- The theme for the thank you cards is “Illuminating Grief” and as art is subject to interpretation, the design should reflect what the student believes shining a light on grief depicts. The finished design can be a drawing in pen, pencil, paint or a photograph.
- Art can be inspired by other work but must not be copied. We are looking for truly original designs from children and teens.
- Each artist submission must be received no later than Friday, November 3, 2017 and must be accompanied by a teacher nomination that gives a brief description of the student and why their class would benefit from winning.
- Submissions must be in the original form and can be mailed to The Solace Tree at PO Box 2944, Reno, NV 89505 or delivered in person to 1300 Foster Drive (Pennington Boys & Girls Center).
- Winners will be awarded on Children’s Grief Awareness Day – Thursday, November 16, 2017 and teachers and students will be presented with a check in their classrooms.