Our support groups are open to parents and caregivers who have lost a parent, sibling, grandparent, relative, or friend as a result of an illness, accident, suicide, or homicide.
Peer support groups for adults enable parents and caregivers to better understand the bereavement process through the eyes of their children. Within this supportive environment, adults may share and help normalize this experience for themselves and their family.
Family Support Services
Solace Tree offers telephone support and educational materials about grieving children and teens to families who live too far away to attend groups or others seeking our resources.
Solace Tree address questions concerning:
- The involvement of children at funerals, starting the conversation – explaining death so they will understand
- Saying goodbye, what to do for holidays and anniversaries, general parenting questions for children on death
- Commemorating and memorializing the loved one
- How to ease the pain of young children
- Support referrals and any other issues about dying, grief, and loss are all addressed by staff
Join A Support Group
In order to join one of our groups, please call us at 775.324.7723 to schedule an orientation appointment. This is a chance for your family to visit the program and decide if one of our group(s) is a good match for your needs.